**MakeNoise have now added the ability to use the Optomix as an Audio Compressor or CV Generator.**
To use the new Optomix Rev 2 for Envelope Generation, patch a Gate Signal to the STRIKE IN, and patch the Signal OUT to your destination, the CV IN on a VCA for example. That's it. In a pinch the Optomix could also be used to generate an Offset, attenuate a Signal and SUM a Signal with an Offset. This sort of Voltage MATH is what make Modular synthesis so fun! Just be sure to set unused Optomix Channels to CONTROL Full CCW to avoid unwanted Offsets.
A new DAMP circuit allows the use of Audio Signal for modulation as well as Control Voltages to modulate the newly revised DAMP parameter. Patch signal to be processed to the SIGNAL IN. The DAMP IN will act as the Side Chain Input with the associated attenuator setting Threshold. The CONTROL parameter will determine the RATIO, with settings between 11 o' Clock and 2 o' Clock being most useful. The sound is soft and squishy, and especially useful for creating ducking effects.
Optomix is a two channel Low Pass Gate, providing simultaneous voltage control over amplitude and frequency content of a signal. It is in essence, a Voltage Controlled Filter Amplifier (VCFA) that has an extremely organic response to control signals. The Low Pass Gate is a classic West Coast synthesis circuit.
- DAMP parameter programs how low pass gate responds to falling control transient, continuously variable from long, slow and ringing to short, fast and muted
- STRIKE INput allows use of Gate signal to trigger Low Pass Gate circuit, “plucking” or “striking” the vactrol
- DAMP and STRIKE parameters combine to allow for easy programming of percussive sounds (sharp Attack w/ Voltage Controlled Decay)
- Summing stage with an AUXiliary IN allows for chaining of multiple units creating larger mixes
- Direct coupled, process audio or control signals
- Utilizes 4 vactrols
- Pairs well with modDemix modDemix and MATHS
Specifications 29 mA +12V 29 mA -12V 8hp 24 mm Depth